Physical Education 2016-2017
Canyon Hills M.S. (915) 236-6474
Welcome to a new year at Canyon Hills. Students will be involved in Physical Education and Health which will include Fitness Gram Testing, team and individual sports, fitness based activities including pedometers and Hop Sports.
All students will need the following items for Physical Education class.
- A gray t-shirt
- Maroon or gray shorts (shorts must have a 6-inch inseam)
- During winter, students may wear gray or maroon warm ups. Tight leggings are not allowed.
- Athletic shoes or sneakers and socks
Girls will have the opportunity to have a basket or locker in the girl’s locker room. A lock must be placed on the basket or locker when it is being used.
Boys will have to carry their clothes back and forth each day. Baskets and lockers will not be available in the boy’s locker room this year.
- Students must be inside the locker room before the tardy bell rings or lined up against wall designated by Coach.
- No horseplay will be tolerated.
- Students will follow safety rules and directions for each activity
- Each student must participate to the best of his/her ability
- No cell phones or electronic devices in the locker room. Phone must be off and inside backpack
- Phone call to Parent
- Assignment of detention
- Meeting with Parent/Teacher and Administration if needed
- Discipline Referral
- 60% - Participation and Preparation
- 20% - Fitness
- 20% - Health
Notice of student’s inability to participate due to illness or injury should be sent from home to the school Nurse. The note must be taken to the Nurse before the school day begins. The Nurse will then send a form to the P.E. teacher with the correct limitations notes. A note from home will be honored for three days and further exemption must be prescribed by a doctor.